The student receives solid knowledge of Electrical Engineering with subjects oriented to cover the general knowledge of the career and those of specialty in the area of electricity, in such a way that it leads to a full knowledge of the activities described in the professional profile. Our mission is to train quality professionals in the field of their competence, with ethical values, learning capacity and entrepreneurship throughout life, in the context of the knowledge society and the integral development of Ecuador.
Core Components of the Program
For the Electrical Engineering career, two professional axes are considered:
Energy Systems: focused on the conversion and use of energy.
Power Systems: focused on the transmission and distribution of electrical energy.
The Electrical Engineering program is accredited by the ABET Engineering Accreditation Commission.
The degree program in Electricity is certified with the EUR-ACE seal of the European Network for the Accreditation of Engineering Education.
* Undergraduate tuition/fees:
The Constitution of the Republic of Ecuador in its Article 356, among other principles, establishes that third-level public higher education will be tuition/fees free. Zero cost education is linked to the academic responsibility of the students.
Applicants must be visionaries and innovators who, through problem solving and communication skills, are interested in working in multidisciplinary teams, as well as acquiring knowledge in sustainability and social responsibility, since the career focuses more and more on the energy efficiency and the use of renewable energy, as well as the social and environmental impact of decisions in the field of electrical energy.
The graduates of Electrical Engineering in a period of 3 to 5 years after graduating should be capable of:
- Face professional challenges at local and regional level, applying their profession knowledge, and considering social, economic and environmental factors within a moral and ethical framework.
- Demonstrate assertiveness in decision making in strategic positions within the public and private sector, through effective communication skills, professional practice based on high quality standards, and interdisciplinary interactions.
- Lead with success the development and implementation of electrical engineering solutions oriented towards power systems, either as a freelancer or as an employee of a company and thus, responsibly contributed to the productive sector of society.
- Acquired new technical and scientific knowledge related to Electrical Engineering, in the exercise of their professional activity or postgraduate knowledge.
- SO 1. Ability to identify, formulate and solve complex Electrical Engineering problems through the application of engineering, science and mathematics principles. (Current Rubric).
- SO 2. Ability to apply design of Electrical Engineering systems, to produce solutions that satisfy specific needs, considering public health, safety and well-being, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental and economic factors. (Current Rubric).
- SO 3a. Ability to communicate effectively in Spanish with diverse audiences orally and in writing. (Current Rubric).
- SO 3b. Ability to communicate effectively in English with a variety of audiences. (Current Rubric).
- SO 4. Ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in Electrical Engineering situations and make informed judgments, considering the impact of engineering solutions in the global, economic, environmental and social context. (Current Rubric).
- SO 5. Ability to function effectively in a team, whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, set goals, plan tasks and meet objectives. (Current Rubric).
- SO 6. Ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use Electrical Engineering criteria to establish conclusions. (Current Rubric).
- SO 7. Ability to acquire and apply new Electrical Engineering knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies. (Current Rubric).
- SO 8. Design real Electrical Engineering solutions that propose unique value in response to specific needs considered from the point of view of those involved. (Current Rubric).
After 4.5 years of study, you will be able to:
- Lead energy generation, transmission and utilization projects.
- Conduct planning studies of electrical power systems.
- Efficient operation and control of electrical power systems.
- Design, analyze, and build a power system at residential, commercial, and industrial level.
- industrial, commercial and residential electrical systems.
- Elaborate maintenance plans for electrical power systems.
The Electrical Engineer from Espol is trained with solid knowledge in the areas of generation, transmission, distribution and use of electricity. Knowledge in the areas of generation, transmission, distribution and use of electrical energy. During the course of the career, our students acquire skills that will allow them to assume positions such as:
- Plant Manager.
- Project manager.
- Manager of private and public technical companies.
- Advisor and consultant.
- Controller and evaluator.
- Operations manager.
- Head of maintenance of companies.
- Technical Support Engineer
- Graduate Program Student (Technical, Scientific or Administrative).
To obtain the title of Electrical Engineer, the following requirements must be met:
- Complete a minimum of 91 credit hours in Professional Training.
- Complete a minimum of 95 credit hours in Basic Training.
- Complete a minimum of 8 credit hours in Elective Training.
- Complete a minimum of 9 credit hours in Selective Elective Training.
- Have a minimum count of 400 hours of internship, divided into; 160 hours oriented to community service and 240 professional work in the industry.
- Complete the Graduation Process, equivalent to 144 hours.
The Capstone Project is a culminating requirement for graduation. These projects provide students with the experience of applying acquired knowledge and skills to the needs of society, with a focus on sustainability.
The IDEAR Fair showcases all Capstone projects, offering students a valuable opportunity to showcase their work and hone soft skills such as communication and teamwork. It is also a space for students to network with potential clients and future employers.
Explore all of the Capstone projects completed by the Electrical Engineering program.