PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
The Telematics Engineering alumni from the Escuela Superior Politécnica del Litoral will have in the 3-5 years period the following professional practices:
- Earn new technical and scientific knowledge through professional practice or in graduate studies to improve their skills in contemporary subjects related to ICT and technology infrastructure.
- Lead the development and deployment of technological projects considering the social, economic and environmental context, acting within an ethical and moral framework that generates employment or innovation to meet the needs of the current market and thus contribute responsibly to the productive sector of society.
- Communicate in an effective way as professionals to be assertive in interdisciplinary and multicultural workgroups.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
- A recognition of the need for entrepreneurship and the abilities to become an entrepreneur
a) An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, sciences and engineering. (Valid Rubric)
b) An ability to design and conduct experiments, and to analyze and interpret data. (Valid Rubric)
c) An ability to design a system, component or process to satisfy realistic constraints. (Valid Rubric)
d) An ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team. (Valid Rubric)
e) An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems. (Valid Rubric)
f) Ability to understand the ethical and professional responsibility. (Valid Rubric)
g.1) Ability to communicate in Spanish. (Valid Rubric)
g.2) Ability to communicate in English. (Valid Rubric)
h) A broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a social, environmental, economic and global context. (Valid Rubric)
i) Recognition of the need for continuous learning and development of skills to learn. (Valid Rubric)
j) Ability to know contemporary topics. (Valid Rubric)
k) Ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern tools necessary for engineering practice. (Valid Rubric)
l) Recognition of the need to undertake, and the skills to become an entrepreneur. (Valid Rubric)